Marrickville Family Day Care is an approved service that provides quality education and care programs for children aged 6 weeks to 12 years of age in a safe and regulated home environment.
Marrickville Family Day Care Educators offer flexible services to meet each individual family’s child care needs and requirements. Approved Family Day Care Educators recognise that each child is unique and promote their individual learning and development through play, discovery and exploration as part of a small mixed age group in a home environment.
Marrickville Family Day Care is committed to inclusive practices built on the unique social and cultural identity of our children and families.
Marrickville Family Day Care provides children with:
- Educators who are carefully screened, trained, supported and mentored by the Family Day Care Coordination Unit staff. These staff make regular visits to the Educators' homes to ensure children are provided with the highest quality of education and care possible.
- Quality educational programs that meet children’s individual developmental needs.
- Opportunities to develop a close relationship and bond with their own Educator and other children in care with them.
- Regular Playsessions that children attend with their Educator, where they are supported to play and learn as part of a larger group of children.
- Community excursions that can include visits to the local library and story time, local parks and community gardens.
- A safe and secure environment that is checked daily by the Educator and by Family Day Care staff on home visits.
- Opportunities to learn through play and exploration in indoor and outdoor environments.
- Opportunities to interact and develop relationships within a mixed aged group.
Marrickville Family Day Care is turning 40!
On Sunday 25 October Marrickville Family Day Care will be celebrating their 40th birthday in Jarvie Park, Marrickville.
We'd love to see everyone there!
Were you a Family Day Care Educator with Marrickville FDC? Did you use care with us?
Call us on 9335 2235 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to share your Family Day Care photos and stories.