The role of the Safety in Marrickville Committee is to address community safety issues on a whole of community basis by focussing on community strengthening activities and by preventing community harm.
The aims of the SIM committee
The overall aims of the committee are to co-ordinate and oversee the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of locally-based community safety policies and initiatives in relation to the Marrickville Community Safety Plan and to:
- Provide strategic leadership, management, innovation, advice and direction in community safety
- Establish and foster strategic partnerships, agreements and protocols between key agencies and community leaders in relation to an ongoing integrated approach to community safety.
- Actively promote, encourage and support implementation groups and representatives in the ongoing monitoring and evaluation of the Safety in Marrickville Plan.
- Represent respective organisations and the Safety in Marrickville Committee in other forums and to commit resources on an ongoing basis to strategies and initiatives as outlined in the Safety in Marrickville Plan.
- Actively promote the Marrickville Community Safety Plan to the wider community.
You can download the terms of reference here:
|Clr Chris Woods
|Clr Melissa Brooks
||Marrickville Local Area Command
||Newtown Area Command
Minutes and agendas
- Minutes, March 2016
- Minutes, December 2015
- Minutes, September 2015
- Minutes, September 2014
- Minutes, June 2014
- Related document: Community and Corporate Services Committee Meeting, 4 March 2014 – Item 2: Alteration to Safety in Marrickville Terms of Reference
- Minutes, February 2014
- Minutes, December 2013
- Minutes, September 2013
- Minutes, June 2013
- Minutes, February 2013
- Minutes, December 2012
- Minutes, September 2012
- Minutes, June 2012
- Minutes, February 2012
- Minutes, December 2011
- Minutes, September 2011
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on the Safety in Marrickville committee.
Customer Service Centre: 9335 2222
After Hours Emergencies: 9962 7755
Community Safety Officer: 9335 2155
Ground Floor, Administration Centre
2-14 Fisher St, Petersham
(8:30 to 5pm, Monday-Friday)