Council's Building and Certification Team
Marrickville Council's Building and Certification Team are responsible for:
- The issue of Construction Certificates for all types and classes of buildings
- The issue of Complying Development Certificates
- The role of Principal Certifying Authority (PCA)
- Conducting mandatory Critical Stage inspections during the course of construction
- The issue of Occupation Certificates on completion of building works.
- The issue of Building Certificates
- The investigation and remediation of unauthorised building works
If you are conducting alterations or additions to your home, building a new home or undertaking construction within a commercial development, you must appoint a Principal Certifying Authority who will certify that the construction works comply with Australian building regulations.
Council provides a fast, reliable, efficient and professional certifying service that you can trust.
Benefits of choosing Marrickville Council as your Principal Certifying Authority
Council's team is familiar with the local area and the local planning controls. This local knowledge saves time, as you will be working with staff who know what is required. Our experienced Building Surveyors are there to help with your applications every step of the way. Working only within Marrickville Council area, they are never far away from your development if required for assistance.
Our professional building certification team provides an efficient, cost effective and competitive certifying service that you can trust. All of our Building Surveyors are accredited under the NSW State Government's Building Professional Board Accreditation Scheme. Our certifiers conduct regular training to stay up-to-date with legislative changes and industry improvements to make sure developments meet the Building Code of Australia requirements.
When choosing Marrickville Council as your PCA you receive:
- One stop convenience – your construction certificate can be issued at the same time as your development consent.
- Experienced specialists – our certification team members are professional, qualified and experienced building surveyors, specialise in building legislation and construction assessment for residential, commercial and industrial development.
- Personalised service – in most cases, the same Council officer will work with you through each stage of the development, from approval to certification.
- Competitive and timely service – our team offers professional and prompt service with staff available on short notice.
- Certainty and accountability – you can be confident we will deliver on our commitments and be here when it counts, offering long-term support.
- Access and advice – helpful staff will assist you with timely feedback and guide you through what can seem like a maze of applications, inspections, technical requirements and approvals from various authorities.