Development Applications (DAs) are formal requests for permission to carry out a development. 'Development' is defined under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 as:
- the use of land;
- the subdivision of land;
- the erection of a building;
- the carrying out of work;
- demolition; or
- any other matter controlled by an environmental planning instrument.
All development – except for those listed as exempt or complying development – requires a Development Application.
In this section
- Housing and development forms
Forms related to housing, building and development.
- Development applications on exhibition
Council's online public register of Development Applications is used to display public notices of all Development Applications currently on exhibition.
- Search for a DA
Council's online public register of Development Applications is used to display public notices of Development Applications from July 2005 onwards.
- Exempt and Complying Development
Further information about exempt and complying development under the Codes SEPP.
- Planning and development registers
A series of planning and development registers, published in the interests of enhancing the transparency and openness of the local government decision-making process.
Access Council's zoning maps and interactive mapping program.